Sort Data With Headers in Ascending Order in Excel
This macro sorts one column within the data set. This is a simple sort macro for Excel and works in most versions of Excel.
To use this Excel macro, simply replace A1:C56 with the range of the entire data table that will be changed or re-arranged by the sort and then change A1 to point to the column or top cell in the column of the data from which you would like to sort the entire data set.
Where to install the macro: Module
Excel Macro to Sort Data With Headers in Ascending Order in Excel
'Sorts a worksheet in ascending order and assumes there are headers on the data
How to Install the Macro
- Select and copy the text from within the grey box above.
- Open the Microsoft Excel file in which you would like the Macro to function.
- Press "Alt + F11" - This will open the Visual Basic Editor - Works for all Excel Versions.
Or For other ways to get there, Click Here.
- On the new window that opens up, go to the left side where the vertical pane is located. Locate your Excel file; it will be called VBAProject (YOUR FILE'S NAME HERE) and click this.
- If the Macro goes in a Module, Click Here, otherwise continue to Step 8.
- If the Macro goes in the Workbook or ThisWorkbook, Click Here, otherwise continue to Step 8.
- If the Macro goes in the Worksheet Code, Click Here, otherwise continue to Step 8.
- Close the Microsoft Visual Basic Editor window and save the Excel file. When you close the Visual Basic Editor window, the regular Excel window will not close.
- You are now ready to run the macro.