Remove (Delete) Hyperlinks from Worksheets
This macro will remove all hyperlinks from the active worksheet. It will delete the hyperlinks but it will not delete the text of the link. This means that you will still have all of the text left over but without the links to the websites. This is a great macro to use in excel if you import a lot of data from the web or if you import lists of emails or web addresses but do not want them to actually retain their hyperlinks.
This macro will work on the entire active worksheet, you do not need to select any cells.
Where to install the macro: Module
Remove (Delete) Hyperlinks from Worksheets
'Removes hyperlinks from the active worksheet
'Does not delete the hyperlink text, only the link to the site
Do Until ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Count = 0
How to Install the Macro
- Select and copy the text from within the grey box above.
- Open the Microsoft Excel file in which you would like the Macro to function.
- Press "Alt + F11" - This will open the Visual Basic Editor - Works for all Excel Versions.
Or For other ways to get there, Click Here.
- On the new window that opens up, go to the left side where the vertical pane is located. Locate your Excel file; it will be called VBAProject (YOUR FILE'S NAME HERE) and click this.
- If the Macro goes in a Module, Click Here, otherwise continue to Step 8.
- If the Macro goes in the Workbook or ThisWorkbook, Click Here, otherwise continue to Step 8.
- If the Macro goes in the Worksheet Code, Click Here, otherwise continue to Step 8.
- Close the Microsoft Visual Basic Editor window and save the Excel file. When you close the Visual Basic Editor window, the regular Excel window will not close.
- You are now ready to run the macro.
Similar Helpful Excel Resources
If e.g. a cell has the function =+HYPERLINK("http://www.excelforum.com";"Excel Forum"), I want to copy this cell to an other cell which has only the name "Excel Forum", which act as usaully, that means click on the name will move you to that hyperlink.
I did a lot of reading for a solution by means of Google and found only one, the same as I found allready myself:
- Copy the original cell and paste it in a Word document. There you find the hyperlink form as I want. Then copy this hyperlink back to Excell and ready.
But that must be possible without using Word as immediate. But How?
my team is using a shared spreadsheet with loads an loads of hyperlinks to a different spreadsheet that i'm somehow unable to remove.
when you right-click, the "delete hyperlink" & "edit hyperlink" option is greyed out, only "open hyperlink" is available. when you click "open" you get the error message: Unable to open, as the file it links to doesn't exist anymore.
the spreadsheet is not protected as far as i can see either...
i tried to delete & paste special (value only). but it doesn't affect the hyperlink at all
any ideas? thanks!
Is it possible to create a macro, which removes several /all/ hyperlinks, or according to prevously selected cells?
Thank you in advance!
I've copied 2 x columns x 760 rows of data from a web site and pasted to a new workbook. The data in column 1 are all sequential numbers for fault codes and each has a hyperlink. How can I remove all the hyperlinks, as I only require the number. I've tried pasting as text, but then I lose the columns.
I have an exported file with more than 100 hyperlinks. How can i remove the hyperlink (en mass) without disrupting the format of the spreadsheet?
how can i remove all Hyperlinks in every single cells at once in a column?
Thanks in advance
I have a list of thousands of names with emails. The email shown in the cell is accurate but when I click on it I get a hyperlink to a differnet email. How do I do a mass change to remove all the hyperlinks in that column?
I have an Excel column with e-mails but they are hyperlinked.
So, I cannot edit them because it opens my e-mail server.
How can I remove the hyperlinks?
An outside application exports data to an Excel spreadsheet, but all the
numbers (part numbers in this case) are created as hyperlinks. My
spreadsheet can contain hundreds of numbers. Is there any way I can remove
the hyperlinks en masse rather than one by one? I can't change the program
that creates the spreadsheet.
Excel XP, Win XP
I have a list of hundreds of hyperlinked cells scattered throughout more
hundreds of non-hyperlinked cells. I want to remove the hyperlinks. What
is the code query for a hyperlinked cell?
If ActiveCell....hyperlink...=True Then
Thanks for your time. Otto