Sort Data With Headers in Descending Order in Excel
This is a great and simple sorting macro in Excel and will help to get you started or will fit nicely into existing macros that you have.
To use this macro, simply replace A1:C56 with the range reference of your entire data set or data table that you want to be sorted and then replace A1 with the cell reference of the row that you would like to sort the rest of the data by in descending order.
Where to install the macro: Module
Excel Macro to Sort Data With Headers in Descending Order
'Sorts a worksheet in descending order and assumes there are headers on the data
Key1:=Range("A1"), Order1:=xlDescending, Header:=xlYes
How to Install the Macro
- Select and copy the text from within the grey box above.
- Open the Microsoft Excel file in which you would like the Macro to function.
- Press "Alt + F11" - This will open the Visual Basic Editor - Works for all Excel Versions.
Or For other ways to get there, Click Here.
- On the new window that opens up, go to the left side where the vertical pane is located. Locate your Excel file; it will be called VBAProject (YOUR FILE'S NAME HERE) and click this.
- If the Macro goes in a Module, Click Here, otherwise continue to Step 8.
- If the Macro goes in the Workbook or ThisWorkbook, Click Here, otherwise continue to Step 8.
- If the Macro goes in the Worksheet Code, Click Here, otherwise continue to Step 8.
- Close the Microsoft Visual Basic Editor window and save the Excel file. When you close the Visual Basic Editor window, the regular Excel window will not close.
- You are now ready to run the macro.