Delete All Chart Sheets in Excel - Only Chart Sheets are Deleted - Not Embedded Charts
To use this macro just install it and run it. It works on the active workbook in Excel. If you don't have a chart sheet or tab in Excel, this macro will throw an error. This is easy to fix, but in the interest of providing the simplest version of this macro so that you can more easily integrate it into your own vba code, those features were not included.
Where to install the macro: Module
Excel Macro to Delete All Chart Sheets in Excel - Only Chart Sheets are Deleted - Not Embedded Charts
'This example deletes every chart sheet in the active workbook.
How to Install the Macro
- Select and copy the text from within the grey box above.
- Open the Microsoft Excel file in which you would like the Macro to function.
- Press "Alt + F11" - This will open the Visual Basic Editor - Works for all Excel Versions.
Or For other ways to get there, Click Here.
- On the new window that opens up, go to the left side where the vertical pane is located. Locate your Excel file; it will be called VBAProject (YOUR FILE'S NAME HERE) and click this.
- If the Macro goes in a Module, Click Here, otherwise continue to Step 8.
- If the Macro goes in the Workbook or ThisWorkbook, Click Here, otherwise continue to Step 8.
- If the Macro goes in the Worksheet Code, Click Here, otherwise continue to Step 8.
- Close the Microsoft Visual Basic Editor window and save the Excel file. When you close the Visual Basic Editor window, the regular Excel window will not close.
- You are now ready to run the macro.