Sort Data that Doesn't Have Headers in Descending Order in Excel
To use this macro you only need to replace A1:C56 with the total range of the database or set which you are sorting and to replace A1 with the column of the data which you want to sort everything else by. This is a fairly straightforward macro to sort data in descending order in Excel.
Where to install the macro: Module
Excel Macro to Sort Data that Doesn't Have Headers in Descending Order in Excel
'Sorts a worksheet in descending order and assumes there are no headers on the data
Key1:=Range("A1"), Order1:=xlDescending, Header:=xlNo
How to Install the Macro
- Select and copy the text from within the grey box above.
- Open the Microsoft Excel file in which you would like the Macro to function.
- Press "Alt + F11" - This will open the Visual Basic Editor - Works for all Excel Versions.
Or For other ways to get there, Click Here.
- On the new window that opens up, go to the left side where the vertical pane is located. Locate your Excel file; it will be called VBAProject (YOUR FILE'S NAME HERE) and click this.
- If the Macro goes in a Module, Click Here, otherwise continue to Step 8.
- If the Macro goes in the Workbook or ThisWorkbook, Click Here, otherwise continue to Step 8.
- If the Macro goes in the Worksheet Code, Click Here, otherwise continue to Step 8.
- Close the Microsoft Visual Basic Editor window and save the Excel file. When you close the Visual Basic Editor window, the regular Excel window will not close.
- You are now ready to run the macro.