Create a Column Chart with a Macro in Excel
This macro adds a column chart to Excel. This is an easy to use macro that allows you to quickly chart and graph a range of data in Excel. This is a small macro that will create the column chart from a range or set of data that you have in your worksheet. The ranges are hard-coded into the macro.
To use this macro, you only need to replace 'Sheet1'!$A$1:$B$67 with the range or cell references that contain your source data in Excel.
Where to install the macro: Module
Excel Macro to Create a Column Chart
Sub Create_Column_Chart() 'create a column chart with this excel macro ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddChart.Select ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Range("'Sheet1'!$A$1:$B$67") ActiveChart.ChartType = xlColumnClustered End Sub
How to Install the Macro
- Select and copy the text from within the grey box above.
- Open the Microsoft Excel file in which you would like the Macro to function.
- Press "Alt + F11" - This will open the Visual Basic Editor - Works for all Excel Versions.
Or For other ways to get there, Click Here.
- On the new window that opens up, go to the left side where the vertical pane is located. Locate your Excel file; it will be called VBAProject (YOUR FILE'S NAME HERE) and click this.
- If the Macro goes in a Module, Click Here, otherwise continue to Step 8.
- If the Macro goes in the Workbook or ThisWorkbook, Click Here, otherwise continue to Step 8.
- If the Macro goes in the Worksheet Code, Click Here, otherwise continue to Step 8.
- Close the Microsoft Visual Basic Editor window and save the Excel file. When you close the Visual Basic Editor window, the regular Excel window will not close.
- You are now ready to run the macro.