Create a Line Chart with a Macro in Excel
This is a bare-bones version of this macro and is in this fashion so that it is easy to integrate into any other macros that you may be using in Excel.
To use this macro simple replace 'Sheet1'!$A$1:$B$67 with the range cell references of the source data that you would like to use in your chart.
Where to install the macro: Module
Excel Macro to Create a Line Chart
'create a line chart in excel with this macro
ActiveChart.ChartType = xlLine
How to Install the Macro
- Select and copy the text from within the grey box above.
- Open the Microsoft Excel file in which you would like the Macro to function.
- Press "Alt + F11" - This will open the Visual Basic Editor - Works for all Excel Versions.
Or For other ways to get there, Click Here.
- On the new window that opens up, go to the left side where the vertical pane is located. Locate your Excel file; it will be called VBAProject (YOUR FILE'S NAME HERE) and click this.
- If the Macro goes in a Module, Click Here, otherwise continue to Step 8.
- If the Macro goes in the Workbook or ThisWorkbook, Click Here, otherwise continue to Step 8.
- If the Macro goes in the Worksheet Code, Click Here, otherwise continue to Step 8.
- Close the Microsoft Visual Basic Editor window and save the Excel file. When you close the Visual Basic Editor window, the regular Excel window will not close.
- You are now ready to run the macro.